The central Ohio Exploring program plans several annual events:
- Exploring For Food is scheduled for November, 2012. Explorer posts coordinate food drives that benefit their local community food banks.
- Healthcare Luncheon scheduled for Wednesday, October 9, 2012, honors outstanding central Ohio medical professionals and highlights students interested in the pursuing careers in health.
- Fire & EMS Explorer Competition scheduled for Saturday, May 11, 2013 at the Ohio Fire Academy, will allow Fire & EMS Explores to put their skills to a test against other Explorer posts around the state.
- EVOC – Emergency Vehicle Driver Training planned to be held on Saturday, March 23, 2013, at the Ohio Fire Academy, provides Fire & Emergency Services Explorers hands-on emergency vehicle driver training.
- Ohio Law Enforcement Advisors Association Conference, typically held in December in Newark, is a great resource for law enforcement advisors.
- Exploring Youth Leadership Workshop scheduled for Saturday, March 2, 2013, provides high school students with exposure to life skills, personal management skills, and group leadership skills. Students learn to apply these skills in real-life leadership situations.
- Exploring Annual Banquet scheduled for Thursday, May 16, highlights and recognizes the success and accomplishments of students in the Exploring program.
Beyond local Explorer post events, registered Explorers may participate in various conferences, training sessions, awards ceremonies and events. To find out more information and to participate, contact your post advisor or staff at the Exploring Division office at the Simon Kenton Council.
Regional and National Competitions and Conferences
- Heart of Ohio Law Enforcement Competition, scheduled for Saturday, April 27 at Valley Forge High School, Parma Ohio.
- 2013 National Law Enforcement Exploring Leadership Academies
Academies and competitions promise to be a fantastic way for youth interested in law enforcement to gain hands-on experience and build their resumes. For more information, contact the Exploring Office at 614-310-1566.