The central Ohio Exploring program plans several annual events:
- Exploring For Food is scheduled for November each year. Explorer posts coordinate food drives that benefit their local community food banks.
- Career Exploring Luncheon scheduled for Thursday, October 30, 2014, honors outstanding central Ohio professionals . Additionally, the event highlights students interested in the pursuing careers in health and law enforcement-the top two career choices of high school students.
- Fire & EMS Explorer Competition takes place at the Ohio Fire Academy, will allow Fire & EMS Explores to put their skills to a test against other Explorer posts around the state.
- EVOC – Emergency Vehicle Driver Training planned to be held at the Ohio Fire Academy, provides Fire & Emergency Services Explorers hands-on emergency vehicle driver training.
- Ohio Law Enforcement Advisors Association Conference, typically held in December in Newark, is a great resource for law enforcement advisors.
- Exploring Youth Leadership Workshop provides high school students with exposure to life skills, personal management skills, and group leadership skills. Students learn to apply these skills in real-life leadership situations.
- Exploring Annual Banquet highlights and recognizes the success and accomplishments of students in the Exploring program.
Beyond local Explorer post events, registered Explorers may participate in various conferences, training sessions, awards ceremonies and events. To find out more information and to participate, contact your post advisor or staff at the Exploring Division office at the Simon Kenton Council.
Regional and National Competitions and Conferences
- Heart of Ohio Law Enforcement Competition, scheduled for Saturday, April 27 at Valley Forge High School, Parma Ohio.
- 2013 National Law Enforcement Exploring Leadership Academies
Academies and competitions promise to be a fantastic way for youth interested in law enforcement to gain hands-on experience and build their resumes. For more information, contact the Exploring Office at 614-310-1566.