Social Services Career Exploring is open to young men and women ages 14 (and completed the 8th grade) t0 21 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the fields of Social Services.
Careers in the social services area include: child care workers, adult care givers, drug/alcohol counselors, human services workers, social/welfare workers, teachers/teachers’ aides, and many me. By providing hands-on work-related activities to students, social services professions and organizations help youth explore the skills, intricacies, demands, and needs of various social services careers.
The most popular Social Services Exploring careers include:
- Child, Family & health Social Workers
- Medical & Public Health Social Workers
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Social & Human Service Assistants
You will develop:
- work experiences to begin building your resume’
- important leadership skills
- an understanding of the importance of teamwork in a professional setting
You will have an opportunity to participate in hands-on projects to give you a real feel for whether this career is the right one for you.
You will have an opportunity to network with professionals who work in these careers every day including Human services workers, School counselors/guidance, and child care workers.
You will learn about the educational requirements for a career in Social Services and will receive tangible advice on steps you could take now to prepare and position yourself for a successful career in the field of Social Services
Social Services Career Exploring will provide you with the following benefits:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
- Community service opportunities
- College & Career Readiness preparation
When do meetings take place?
Social Services Career Exploring posts typically meet on a monthly basis during the school year. Most programs parallel the high school calendar and begin in the fall. There are a number of programs that start at other times during the year to meet the needs of the host organization and participants. Programs are flexible enough to fit in with other activities.
The Social Services Career Exploring program is very affordable with participation fees from $35 per year and registration assistance is available. Special activities, events and conferences may cost more and would be determined by the local Exploring post.
How can I join?
Participation is easy:
- Determine the career or careers in which you are interested.
- Click HERE to request information about local Career Exploring Posts in those career fields.
- The local post Advisor will then be in touch with you regarding upcoming meetings
- Attend a meeting or activity
Fill out the Youth Participation Form and pay the Participation Fee
Back to the Explorer post career fields.
See the Explorer post directory.