Central Ohio Director: Ken Ruppel
Engineering & Technology Career Exploring is open to young men and women ages 14 (and completed the 8th grade) to 21 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the fields of Engineering & Technology.
Engineering & Technology Exploring is a hands-on program that exposes participants to many career opportunities.
The challenge to meet workforce demands in engineering and technology is ever increasing. Engineering and technology professionals apply the principles of science and mathematics to develop economical solutions to technical problems. Their link is the work between scientific discoveries and the commercial applications that meet societal and consumer needs.
The most popular Engineering & Technology Exploring careers include:
- Aerospace Engineers
- Agricultural Engineers
- Biomedical Engineers
- Chemical Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Environmental Engineers
- Industrial Engineers
- Materials Engineers
- Geological Engineers
- Petroleum Engineers
- Software Engineers
You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to be on the cutting edge of engineering and technology discoveries and much more….
You will develop:
- Work experiences to begin building your resume’
- The ability to find your strengths and weakness
- And discover the area of engineering and technology that best suits your career plans
- The various careers in engineering and technology
- An understanding of the importance of teamwork in a professional setting
You will have an opportunity to participate in hands-on projects to give you a real feel for whether this career is the right one for you.
You will have an opportunity to network with professionals who work in these careers every day including engineers, researchers, computer engineers and many others in the engineering & technology fields. You may visit research labs and tour various Engineering firms.
You will learn about the educational requirements for a career in Engineering & Technology and will receive tangible advice on steps you could take now to prepare and position yourself for a successful career in the field of Engineering & Technology
Engineering & Technology Career Exploring will provide you with the following benefits:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
- Community service opportunities
- College & Career Readiness preparation
When do meetings take place?
Engineering & Technology Career Exploring posts typically meet on a monthly basis during the school year. Most programs parallel the high school calendar and begin in the fall. There are a number of programs that start at other times during the year to meet the needs of the host organization and participants. Programs are flexible enough to fit in with other activities.
The Engineering & Technology Career Exploring program is very affordable with participation fees from $35 per year and registration assistance is available. Special activities, events and conferences may cost more and would be determined by the local Exploring post.
How can I join?
Participation is easy:
- Determine the career or careers in which you are interested.
- Click HERE to request information about local Career Exploring Posts in those career fields.
- The local post Advisor will then be in touch with you regarding upcoming meetings
- Attend a meeting or activity
- Fill out the Youth Participation Form and pay the Participation Fee
Back to the Explorer post career fields.
See the Explorer post directory.