Central Ohio Director: Ashley Thomas
Arts & Humanities Career Exploring is open to young men and women ages 14 (and completed the 8th grade) t0 21 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the fields of Arts & Humanities.
Arts & Humanities Exploring is a hands-on program that exposes participants to many career opportunities in art, music, drama and other humanities areas.
The most popular Arts & Humanities Exploring careers include:
- Graphic Designer
- Fashion Designer
- Archivists, curators, and museum technicians
- Actors, Producers, and Directors
- Artist, Art Directors and Multimedia Artists
You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to audition, to design and create the next animation hit, research history on fine art, and write a screenplay.
You will develop:
- work experiences to begin building your resume’
- an appreciation for the hard work necessary to succeed
- an understanding of the importance of teamwork in a professional setting
You will have an opportunity to participate in hands-on projects to give you a real feel for whether this career is the right one for you.
You will have an opportunity to network with professionals who work in these careers every day – they are using the latest technology, they are aware of emerging trends, and they know what it takes to get into college for their specific career.
You will learn about the educational requirements for a career in Arts & Humanities and will receive tangible advice on steps you could take now to prepare and position yourself for a successful career in the field of Arts & Humanities
Arts & Humanities Career Exploring will provide you with the following benefits:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
- Community service opportunities
- College & Career Readiness preparation
When do meetings take place?
Arts & Humanities Career Exploring posts typically meet on a monthly basis during the school year. Most programs parallel the high school calendar and begin in the fall. There are a number of programs that start at other times during the year to meet the needs of the host organization and participants. Programs are flexible enough to fit in with other activities.
The Arts & Humanities Career Exploring program is very affordable with participation fees ranging from $35 per year and registration assistance is available. Special activities, events and conferences may cost more and would be determined by the local Exploring post.
How can I join?
Participation is easy:
- Determine the career or careers in which you are interested.
- Click HERE to request information about local Career Exploring Posts in those career fields.
- The local post Advisor will then be in touch with you regarding upcoming meetings
- Attend a meeting or activity
- Fill out the Youth Participation Form and pay the Participation Fee
Back to the Explorer post career fields.
See the Explorer post directory.